JOSH WHEATLEY – SINGLE REVIEW

Josh Wheatley – I Know You 
Josh Wheatley - I Know You

Release Date: Out Now

I’m mildly concerned for Josh Wheatley. Here we have a genuine talent, writing perfectly crafted pop bangers and singing with a real sense of melody, pitch and timing. The concern, however, comes from the fact that the press blurb suggests that a number of producers are circling this guy and I hope the right people get involved or things could all go a little Ed Sheeran. New single ‘I Know You’ is classic Wheatley with a sombre acoustic line being augmented by processed beats, glitchy melodies and that high-end vocal which will surely get kids singing along whilst jumping up and down fuelled by sugar and good times on the horizon. Wheatley is a real talent and I hope that talent gets nurtured in the right way because then we might have something really special on my hands.


Live Dates:

10th May – Verve Bar, Leeds w/New York Tourists
12th May – The Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh w/New York Tourists

18th May – The Junction, Ashford w/New York Tourists

Comments