EBRU ELLIS – SINGLE REVIEW

Ebru Ellis – Blocks 

Ebru Ellis - Blocks

Release Date: 30th March 2018

Initially, Ebru Ellis was sold to me as one of Sam Smith’s backing vocalists and that garnered a ‘meh’ response, if I’m being honest. Then, however, she was seen singing with Justin Timberlake at the Brits I thought to myself, if JT has time for this lady then maybe, just maybe, I should too. ‘Blocks’ is the new single from Ellis and it’s a soulful, chilled out jam but with a real sense of purpose. Ellis’ voice is definitely strong enough to carry off an uplifting pop song but more than that she has the assured sound of someone who’s played more shows than you’ve had hot dinners and knows that singing is what she is meant to do. Think Katy Perry but with an English inflection or a pretender to Jessie J’s long vacant throne as queen of British pop. Time to come out from behind the lead vocalist Ebru, I think your time is now. Although, judging by the video you might want to brush up on your Jenga skills.


Watch the Video: 


Comments