TUSK – SINGLE REVIEW [GUEST REVIEWERS]

Tusk – Matter Of Time (Strataville) 
Tusk - Matter Of Time


Release Date: Out Now

This is the final part of the reviews I did with the Year 6 class of Keyham Barton School in Plymouth where the kids took on the indie-rock of Tusk. But first, the LWM take on proceedings:

Listen With Monger Review

Nottingham based quintet Tusk look like a serious bunch and there’s definitely a seam of intensity running through this single but there is a sense of fun about this as well. The band’s debut single, ‘Matter of Time’, opens with a chiming guitar that fits in nicely alongside the likes of the Maccabees or Bombay Bicycle Club before that deep, low slung vocal comes in all George Ezra but with less boyish innocence. There’s an anthemic feel to the music on this track that is particularly uplifting during the chorus but the genius of this track comes in the introspective and self-doubting lyrics that mix with the music to make an irresistibly bitter-sweet sound. If this is the debut then 2018 better watch out for the follow-up.

Year 6 Reviews

Tusk are my favourite band and there are 5 of them. They are from Nottingham and they are about to release their first album. When I first listened to the song ‘Matter of Time’, I pictured a kid getting older. All of a sudden, he was in his 20s or 30s and was a famous singer and in fronts of thousands of people.The lyrics are really catchy and cleverly-written. The tune has a fresh beat to it and it’s rhythmic and funky. Also it’s a clean song so children can listen to it. I really recommend listening to the song; it is flawless. I personally love the song as it is unique in its own way. It makes me want to dance. CR (Charlie)

Tusk
This song was made by Tusk, who are a boy band. The song is called ‘Matter of Time’ and it is their first single. The band are probably aged around 21 to 25 years. They are from Nottingham University. The first time I listened to it, I did not really like it but when I listened to it the second time, I started to like it more. I really like the tune but it does sound a bit depressing because it’s like a matter of time before you go to heaven. The song does have lyrics; I think they are quite good. If you like George Ezra, you will like this song. I pictured them in a pub singing in front of people. I enjoyed it but it is not really to my appetite. It is not the best song that Roland showed us. MB (Molly)

The song ‘Matter of Time’ is a smooth, calm song and I hope you like this piece of music. When we listened to this song, we thought it was catchy, classy, and epic. We think lots of people will like it. In my head, I see five men on a stage and they are a very calm band. It would be cool if we were on stage with them. It would be a dream come true. We hope you like the song as much as we did; it is a very good song. HP and CO (Harrison and Connie)

It’s not often you come across a band with a tone like this. This song is really catchy, clear, and just seemed epic to me. It’s definitely worth a listen! They are just a 5 piece band of students from Nottingham University and this is their first album and single. I knew I loved it from the first time I heard it. It made me want to sit down and relax. So it has a beautiful tone, it’s powerful, graceful and calm. It’s so bold; the lyrics make me feel happy, relaxed, and take my breath away. It made me feel like I was a concert and having loads of fun. I enjoyed it because it is beautiful, bold and clear. Thanks for reading! JWH (Jasmin)

Tusk
I am reviewing Tusk’s first single, ‘Matter of Time’. Tusk is a reasonably new band with five students from Nottingham University. If you liked George Ezra’s Budapest, I guarantee you will like Tusk’s ‘Matter of Time’. It takes you back in time, it makes you think and I guarantee you will be thinking about this new-found, flawless, fresh and solid song for weeks. It will go on and on and on inside your head. I would say it is trying to tell you that it is only a matter of time because we don’t have forever. Live your life to the full and do the unexpected. The song has quite a lot of lyrics that try to tell you something. Personally, I like the lyrics. However, people have different opinions on different things. It was as I was in a big room, encompassed by a large crowd of people moving around very slowly like time had gone slow, with faded picture of a pocket watch spinning around in the background. I did like this song because of the picture it painted in my head; how it reminded me of George Ezra; how it took me back in time, and the powerful lyrics. ZS (Zoe)

Hi, today I will be telling you my opinion of Tusk’s ‘Matter of Time’. These five boys have made this unique piece of art that could change people’s lives in positive ways with these lyrics. Matte of Time is a song that was published on October 6th 2017 and I think they did well. After my first listen, I thought it was very upbeat, and when it got to the singing part, I loved it. It really made me think about my life. One of the lines was “our lives are only a matter of time”, that was the best line in my opinion. But one of the weaker lines was “it’s our time”, which felt a bit weird to me. The rest of the song is great though! NW (Nathan)

Tusk, an instrumental band in Nottingham who make solid music and lyrical songs, are the highly recommended band that others need to hear. They originally started in 2016 with a five-man group and are now producing their first single/album. They’ve gained a bit of fame and fans with a few thousand views on YouTube. They’ll soon get there and develop into a complex, feel-good band. Most of their music has a low-pitched voice, then it snaps into a thrilling tune and the beat kicks into a radical type of style. It eventually dies out and the song ends. Most of the lyrics are sung weirdly because they’re mostly loud spoken or said in a low pitch which fans can’t understand but still like the taste of their music. Tusk’s music is stunning and very textured in itself, and it’s one of the greatest bands I’ve ever listened to. I hope it inspires other small bands. I’d want to write more but time is up!  SH (Sean)


Watch the video: 


Comments