SECOND BRAIN – SINGLE REVIEW

Second Brain – Hair Of The Dog
Second Brain - Hair Of The Dog

Release Date: Out Now

I don’t often give much time to instrumental acts, largely because I like to hear a story or a message in a song that you don’t often get without lyrics. That said, London based internationally born combo Second Brain are an intriguing and engaging prospect so let’s give them the benefit of the doubt, OK? ‘Hair Of The Dog’ starts like the house band on an edgy late night chat show with perky drums but then those 3 axe wielding gents join in and suddenly we’re on the mean streets of Chicago trying to track down the kingpin of a drugs ring, sporting 3 days of stubble and a whisky hangover. These guys have got serious chops and the funk is strong in them so I can totally see myself busting out my dance moves to these guys at a festival or in some cool bar in a back alley somewhere. I still yearn for a rasping vocal or MC, a la Westcountry heroes the Soul Stroke, but if you want to feel like you’re on a stake out while you’re on the morning commute then this is the tune for you.


Live Dates: 5th August – Camden Assembly, London w/Fat-Suit

Watch The Video: 

Comments