DEQN SUE – SINGLE REVIEW

DeQn Sue – Jack 
DeQn Sue - Jack


Release Date: Out Now

I’m not sure how many more superlatives I can dig out of my thesaurus to praise the talented DeQn Sue but she keeps churning out the impressive tracks so it’s the least I can do to try and write about it. ‘Jack’ is the latest release and it is beautifully understated using what sounds like the hum of crickets to create a sparse rhythm before layering on some minimalist synths and bass groans. Then DeQn Sue throws in her breathy, almost whispered vocal that sounds like she had to record it in the small hours but quietly so she didn’t disturb her neighbours – talented and considerate! To me, Kelis is a massively underrated artist so it is a huge compliment when I say DeQn Sue is a pretender to that particular throne. I can’t wait for the album.


Comments