MOSES – SINGLE REVIEW

Moses – King Size (Propaganda Records) 
Moses - King Size


Release Date: Out Now

I normally give tunes a bit of a mull when they come my way but such is the delicious urgency of this new single from London wannabes Moses that I not only had to binge listen to it on a loop but I also had get my initial reaction down in black and white. ‘King Size’ opens with fizzing electric guitars in the vein of the Subways, early Catfish & the Bottlemen and the Strokes before the clear but angry vocals join in followed by a classic bass drum thud. By the time the verse has built to the chorus, you can fully imagine small indie venues up and down the UK going ape shit for this night after night after night. The urgency of early Arctic Monkeys is in there along with the gang mentality of the Libertines and the pop melodies of the Killers or the Jam. Without a hint of condescension I can say that this is one of the most immediate, engaging and infectious songs I have heard for a long time as a Royal Blood riff creeps in from the side door and adds a whole new rock layer to what was already a storming indie disco future classic. I am pinning my colours to the mast and calling this a strong contender for single of the year as well as giving Moses the LWM seal of approval. Vital stuff.


Live Dates:

3rd June – Camden Rocks, London
9th June – Download Festival, Donington
9th June – O2 Academy, Birmingham
17th June – The Fleece, Bristol
23rd June – Liquid Rom, Edinburgh
30th June – The Waterfront, Norwich
1st July – Electric Ballroom, London
8th July – 2000 Trees, Cheltenham
29th July – Kendall Calling, Kendall
12st August – Lakefest Festival, Gloucestershire
25th August – Reading & Leeds Festivals 

Comments