ARCADE FIRE FEAT. MAVIS STAPLES – SINGLE REVIEW

Arcade Fire Feat. Mavis Staples – I Give You Power 
Arcade Fire feat. Mavis Staples - I Give You Power


Release Date: Out Now

I will always associate Arcade Fire with dark times for some very personal reasons linked to the 7/7 bombings in London but this new single fuses the bands ability to make social commentary with their love for pushing musical boundaries. ‘I Give You Power’ has a low down, dirty, 70s disco meets evangelical soul feel but all played out on the most lo-fi equipment. The blues structure works so well with the refrain “I give you power over me; I give you power but I gotta be free” as the tune works through some processed beats and that funky disco pulse played on synths with Mavis Staples’ vocals adding that authentic soul vibe. Give this a spin and revel in the funky side of rebellion.



Live Dates:

3rd June – Primavera Sound, Barcelona
10th June - Isle of Wight Festival, Isle of Wight
17th June – Best Kept Secret Festival, Hilvarenbeek
19th June – Inmusic festival, Zagreb
24th June – Roskilde Festival, Denmark
29th June – Rock Werchter Festival, Werchter
9th July – Eurockeenes Festival, Sermamagny
11th July – Ahoi! The Full Hit of Summer, Linz

15th July – Vieilles Charres Festival, Carhaix-Plouguer

Comments