PAREKH & SINGH – SINGLE REVIEW

Parekh & Singh – I Love You Baby, I Love You Doll (Peacefrog Records) 
Parekh & Singh - I Love You Baby, I Love You Doll


Release Date: Out Now

This has to go down as one of the most astonishingly surprising tracks to come my way this year. Seriously. Parekh and Singh are duo of gents hailing from Kolkata in India and they sure are a pair of snappy dressers but, more importantly, they make gloriously understated indie-folk-pop with a tinge country. ‘I Love You Baby, I Love You Doll’ blends elements of Belle & Sebastian, David Kitt, Sufjan Stevens, the Flaming Lips, the Magic Numbers and the soundtrack to Inside Llewyn Davis to make a gentle, subtle and thoroughly adorable tune with soft but oh-so-sweet vocals. I don’t know what I expected from the artwork and the back story to these two chaps but it certainly wasn’t this and I’m glad. I do so love nice surprises.


Comments