KAISER CHIEFS – SINGLE REVIEW

Kaiser Chiefs – Hole In My Soul 
Kaiser Chiefs - Hole In My Soul


Release Date: Out Now

Kaiser Chiefs have just about come full circle from what I can gather. From plucky Northern indie upstarts to America bothering British high hopes to commercial radio sell outs and now back to indie upstarts made good. This new single, ‘Hole In My Soul’, is a very different sound to what you might expect from the Leeds quintet with elements of nu-Coldplay, Bombay Bicycle Club and the Farm all mingling together to make a dance tinged indie stomper with a slight hint of Take That’s indie-pop nous about it. If this was a new band on the scene getting its first air play on XFM I think a lot of folk would be raving about this but I suspect a lot of folk will think Ricky has been hanging out with Will.I.Am backstage on the Voice too much. For me, this is a brave new direction and just the kind of thing the band need to do to avoid doing tours of their first two albums for the next 20 years. A brave move and one to be applauded.



Live Dates:

10th September – Lollapalooza, Berlin
11th September – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
22nd February – Venue Cymru Arena, Llandudno
24th February – Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth
25th February – Birmingham Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
27th February – Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth
28th February – Brighton Centre, Brighton
1st March – The O2, London
3rd March – Manchester Arena, Manchester

4th March – First Direct Arena, Leeds

Comments