WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS - SINGLE REVIEW

We Were Promised Jetpacks - I Keep It Composed (FatCat Records) 
We Were Promised Jetpacks - I Keep It Composed

Release Date: 22nd September 2014

Scottish quintet We Were Promised Jetpacks are one of those bands that I've always been aware of without ever really taking the time to listen to them. I just assumed they be great because their name is awesome and that's what really matters right? Wrong. Haven't you been listening to anything I've been saying for the last few years? Luckily for you, We Were Promised Jetpacks, are awesome. New single 'I Keep It Composed' kicks straight in with a rolling, undulating bass line punctuated only by the lazy tub thumping and sleepy vocals. And then things get turned up a notch. Chunky, distorted guitars swirl ever upwards as the mood builds with elements of Elbow, the National and Biffy Clyro all creeping in to the music from time to time. The way I see it, if these guys were promised jetpacks then they should get them on the strength of this single alone. Awesome stuff but that cover art is giving me a headache...

More information: http://wewerepromisedjetpacks.com

Live Dates:

11th September - Electric Fields, Dumfries
12th September - Limelight 2, Belfast
13th September - Nerve Centre, Londonderry
14th September - Whelan's, Dublin
17th September - Garage, Aberdeen
18th September - Non-Zero's, Dundee
19th September - Caves, Edinburgh
20th September - Deaf Institute, Manchester
21st September - Komedia, Brighton
8th October - The Lexington, London

13th December - QMU, Glasgow 

Comments