CLIENT - SINGLE REVIEW

Client - Refuge (Loser Friendly) 
Client - Refuge

Release Date: 31st August 2014

All female electro collective Client are one of those bands that I have known are utterly cool for the longest time without ever owning any of their music. So when new single 'Refuge' popped up in my inbox it was the perfect opportunity to get involved. On the evidence of 'Refuge', my long held belief was correct as this is sassy, cool and slick electro with a fast pulse and poised, calm vocals. The layers of melodies and noises build like a Depeche Mode classic from the late 80s with a beautifully rolling, almost galloping bassline. With roots in the German electro scene there is always a hint of bleakness at the fringes of this five minute epic but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I should mention the classy and clever video as well which goes perfectly with the single and is an absorbing piece of art. There's a new album too so I'd better get my listening holes around that as well now.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/ClientMusic?fref=ts


Watch The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvY7BYhuJD8

Comments