THE 1957 TAIL-FIN FIASCO - EP REVIEW

The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco - Cruise Control EP 
The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco - The Cruise Control EP

This is ace. These guys emailed me saying "We think you might dig our EP" and man do I dig it?! Just to clear up any confusion, I absolutely do dig it. The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco are an Essex combo but that is pretty much all I know about them other than the fact that they rev my engine. 'Cruise Control', the opening track, is like a cross between Cake, Ben Folds Five, Prince and Beck which, as 'cross betweens' go, is pretty damn ace. 'The Legend of Josi & The Juke' is a Hammond driven tune with the feel of a Burt Reynolds them tune and the guts'n'glory of Lynyrd Skynyrd riding in to town to be perfect gentlemen...unless you cross 'em - cowboy rock'n'soul if you like.  

'List Song' is a mellower affair with a nice head-bob to it as the organs undulate and that gorgeous bass guitar just gently nudges the song along in the right direction. Final track, 'Breakfast Of Kings' (great title), has a gorgeous sway to it like an East End boozer at closing time with Chas'n'Dave replace by a couple of cowboys with thick, lustrous moustaches and mischievous glints in their eyes. I love it when people get what I might like through what I've written on the blog - it either suggests they've read it or it's just a lucky punt. Either way, The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco are an awesome bunch and I look forward to hearing more from them (including some gigs at some point, come on guys, break that stuff out live for us).


More information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-1957-Tail-Fin-Fiasco/360579130708519?fref=ts

Comments