MEANWHILE - SINGLE REVIEW

Meanwhile - Luvletta (Fiction Records/Universal) 
Meanwhile - Luvletta

This single made me feel incredibly old at first as I tried to work out how to pronounce the title as some sort of Russian princess. Turns out it's just kids speak for Love Letter, a notion that seems entirely at odds with using text speak but I'll let that one slide because 'Luvletta' is largely a funk behemoth with a filthy bass line and X-rated grooves. Meanwhile is not a million miles away from the sort of stuff Prince produces which is no bad thing in my book and there is plenty of space in this world for some more eccentric funk ambassadors and some big, 80s funk tunes. By the end of the experience I feel young again so, on balance, it's all good.


More information: https://www.facebook.com/meanwhileost 

Comments